Rakuno of Shards of Imagination has nominated me, so here we go 🙂 For those of you who haven’t come across this before, this award is basically a blogging chain letter, where you write 11 facts about yourself, answer 11 questions from your nominator and then set 11 questions for your 5 nominated bloggers to answer. phew…
11 random facts
- I really wanted to call my littlun Indiana when he was born, yes after the films, no I don’t actually like the films *that* much (it may have been the morphine, must have been the morphine, still quite like the name though…) but we settled for a normal name.
- I’m a night owl forced into being a lark (well an incredibly grumpy lark – possibly Hulk Lark)
- I’m not green though, or oversized – I’m incredibly pale & 5’8″. Actually how tall is Hulk? He’s way taller than that isn’t he?
- I hate summer and love winter. autumn would nice if it wasn’t for the wasps. spring is lovely too.
- I nearly comment on blogs / forums a lot but then don’t – I worry people will think I’m stupid
- My perfect job would a Victorian Gentleman (you know writing and drawing stuff about all sort of things) or a professional student (sort of the same thing)
- I never sing the right words to songs (accidentally)
- While a student, I worked in the Student’s Union bar part time (funniest time was at the drum n bass night, when I got asked for some ‘speed water’ hahaha)
- I can’t drive
- I could live on panzanella (and wine)
- I named my kitten Jiji, after the cat in Kiki’s Delivery Service.
Why did you decide to blog about your chosen topic (for instance, why MMOs or why your chosen game)?
It all started with screenshots. I felt an urge to share my dangerous hobby of screenshotting with people and a blog seemed the best way to do that. I never had grand aims with blogging, I just want to share pictures and my thoughts about the games I play. Oh and the funny times too and the times where I actually achieve something and want to show off 🙂
What do you feel is the hardest part about blogging?
keeping going even though sometimes it feels like a pointless exercise. I’m always glad I do keep going though.
What is your favorite part about blogging?
I think when a post resonates with someone else – they’ve had a similar experience or they just like it. An incredibly selfish thing to like, when I am so terrible at commenting on other people’s blogs. I do try…
How did you get into MMOs?
my sister was playing EQ2 and she finally persuaded me to give it a go. I’d only played single player games up till then and I just couldn’t understand why sharing your game space with other people would be considered fun. I’ve been converted clearly 😉
Sandbox or Themepark? Why?
um… sandpark? I can’t choose either – I love both types. Depends which mood I am in as well. Although if I had to choose it would be sandparks or themeboxes – games that give you content and a freedom to do your own thing. Best example would be, Elder Scrolls (any of them) and maybe Dragon Age: Inquisition fits too.
When you are starting on a new game what makes you choose a certain race/class?
I always choose elf if I can. I think I blogged about this back in blaugust but it’s basically down to reading The Hobbit at a very young age and falling in love with Mirkwood and its Elves. Plus I am human so it’s fun to play something else.
class… either a dual-wielding or archer rogue of some description. Again, it probably dates back to the Hobbit and maybe Gauntlet. I just love thieving in games though, it’s quite addictive and a bit of an adrenalin rush at times. I also love disarming traps – honestly there are not enough traps in games these days.
If you had unlimited resources and time what game would you make? This can be an original idea of yours or based on an existing IP.
I’ve never actually thought about this, so I’ll have to just cheat and say I’d remake Daggerfall – this time without randomly generated dungeons and game breaking bugs but with some gorgeous graphics and maybe some of the Oblivion and Skyrim systems (housing, spell crafting – though that may have been in Daggerfall anyway, can’t remember). Definitely with levitate though 😀
What is your favorite book?
The obvious answer is Lord of the Rings. There are so many good books though, I would find it really hard to choose – Daphne Du Maurier, Jane Austen, Joanne Harris, Julian Barnes, Iain Banks I could go on and on and on. I have possibly re-read LOTR the most though.
What, in your opinion, is the best game of all time?
erm… the ones I’ve spent most time in I suppose, That would be Oblivion, Skyrim, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Minecraft, EQ2, Lotro & ESO. Out of those, I’d have to plump for Skyrim solely for the Thieves Guild questline. Best. questline. ever.
Someone challenged you to a duel at dawn. Since you are the one being challenged you are given the choice of weapons. What would be your choice? Keep in mind the challenger will be able to use the same weapons.
pillows 😛 In real life at least. If I was my game self, probably daggers.
The robot uprising happened at the same time of the zombie apocalypse. The robots see the zombies as a threat and the zombies react to the robots hostile actions instinctively. Who would win, the robots or the zombies and which one would be worse for the last surviving humans?
I can’t see how rotten flesh could withstand an assault from metal and presumably robots couldn’t be infected. Oh wait… what if they were replicant type robots? Those might be susceptible to zombi-ism… OK so, if non-replicant robots, robots would win – v bad for humans. If replicant robots – we’d end up with a zombie robot apocalypse uprising – still v bad for humans. Unless the replicants teamed up with the last surviving humans, then they might have a chance.
My two nominees:
Blog de la Burro – for creative swearing, optimism & just generally being fab
Atz1831 – a new blogger who is fun to read and I hope will be taking part in the NBI
My 11 questions (ugh this was hard, please forgive me!):
- What made you start blogging?
- What is your favourite part of blogging?
- What is the hardest thing about blogging?
- What is your favourite screenshot
- What is your favourite quest or questline?
- Do you always play the same class or race?
- Do you collect in games? (i.e. pets, mounts, shinies etc etc)
- Which game setting / place would you like to live in?
- Which game have you never finished but really want to, one day?
- What was the first game you played?
- What is your current game obsession?
yeah, sorry they’re appalling 🙂